Hi! Welcome to our site! We decided to call this blog "Yum Chapatis," because we look forward to eating lots of yummy, doughy, chapatis this year :) For now, here's a yummy recipe: click here. Throughout the year we'll try to post photos and updates to yumchapatis.com. Send some love our way!



Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Psion is IN!

December 8, 2009
This year, I’m using a Psion – a small(ish) handheld computer – to collect chimpanzee behavior data. It was a huge hassle to get this thing! It was back-ordered and ended up arriving after I left for Uganda. Sigh. Another researcher graciously brought it to me when he arrived in Uganda – and I am now using the Psion for data collection! It can be a bit bulky and awkward to run with – but all in all – I love it! It’s wonderful to come home at night and upload my data files, as opposed to copying data from hand-written notes. Here’s to hoping it keeps on working! I heard that another researcher who had a Psion in camp previously accidentally dropped it in the long-drop toilet…eek! Luckily it was in a zip-lock and could be retrieved…somehow. I’m extra careful after hearing that story. No Psions in the long-drop toilet!

No comments:

Post a Comment