Hi! Welcome to our site! We decided to call this blog "Yum Chapatis," because we look forward to eating lots of yummy, doughy, chapatis this year :) For now, here's a yummy recipe: click here. Throughout the year we'll try to post photos and updates to yumchapatis.com. Send some love our way!



Thursday, December 31, 2009

Sunday with the Chimpanzees

December 12, 2009

Sunday tends to be a quiet day in the forest, as many of the Ugandan field assistants attend church mass. So, today – Sunday – I went to the forest alone to just sit and watch the chimpanzees on my own. No data collection, no stress – just observing and photographing. It was great. There’s a huge fig tree (Ficus capensis) fruiting right now – so it was easy to find a group of chimpanzees. There were 4 chimpanzees already in the tree when I arrived, and during the few hours I was there 8 more chimpanzees turned up. It was a wonderful morning. Below are some of the photos I took:












Also - Richard says he wants to see more bird photos. So here is a photo of a Black and White Casqued Hornbill that I took today:

No comments:

Post a Comment